• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hertfordshire Savercard Validity on Red Rose Buses

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk688

Is the Hertfordshire Savercard valid on Red Rose Buses , or is it exclusively valid on certain operators?

I ask as I have frequently run into trouble attempting to get Savercard discounted rate tickets on the the Watford-Aylesbury 501 , with drivers stating" we don't take those " , despite Hertfordshire County Council's website stating their validity on routes such as Watford-Aylesbury.

It's also been an issue with certain drivers when using other services such as the W1 between Rickmansworth and Watford.

' The reduced fare is available at all times on all local bus services (except Transport for London services) within Hertfordshire and the following points outside the county. Amersham (College and Railway Station), Aylesbury Bus Station, New Barnet Railway Station, Chesham Broadway, Dunstable Square, Edgware Bus Station, Enfield Town Centre, Harlow Bus Station, Harrow Bus Station, Luton Town Centre, Mount Vernon Hospital, Southgate Tube Station and Uxbridge Bus Station '

So is this an issue with the " Red " Group of Aylesbury independents ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
Almost certainly a driver training/knowledge issue, not uncommon with those operators. It was always fun trying to use an Arriva-issued Intalink Explorer with those companies.

I’d suggest raising it with the operators and Intalink directly. At least then you’ll have something in writing to show. Not that even that always works.

Status
Not open for further replies.