• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

High speed TER - supplements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polarbear

Established Member
I'm currently planning a trip around France in late April & have come across the TER services in the north of France that are operated by TGV's! Certainly a novel concept.

Anyway, Google translate tells me that to use these trains on the LGV, I require a high speed supplement, (certainly between Calais Frethun & Lille Europe), but i'm having difficulty finding how much that would be?

I'm using a global inter-rail ticket & have tried to book a seat reservation on Voyages SNCF but can't get anything to come up?

Any help greatly appreciated

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dutchflyer

Established Member
Actually that was not for a single ride, but for the whole day. Though this also may have changed. Does not (did not) give you specific seat-reservations, but they were at the quiet end of the trip anyway. This is also the only such case in the whole of FR.

Polarbear

Established Member
My French is not the best, but having read the information accessed through the link, (and run it through Google Translate), am I correct in thinking these supplements can be purchased from TVM's in the area?

I've only got to do one journey using a TERGV service, and it so happens to be the last on my planned itinerary, which is a pain.

I've booked seat reservations for some of my other trips in conjunction with my Inter-Rail pass, whilst for a few journeys, I've opted for "Prems" fares in 1st class as they aren't that much more expensive than some of the seat reservation fees! :roll:

I have to say that the Voyages SNCF website doesn't make it easy to book seat reservations - especially when you need more than one on a given day.

AlexNL

Established Member
The "Supplément Grande Vitesse" can be bought at a ticket office, at a ticket vending machine, or on the TER website by using the journey planner and then switching to "TARIFS".

duncanp

Established Member
The other thing to be aware of is that, as for the ticket itself, you must stamp ("composter") the ticket for the supplement in the machines.

From the website "Le Supplément Grande Vitesse Journée n'est ni échangeable, ni remboursable. La durée de validité des Suppléments Journée est de 7 jours. Les billets sont valables uniquement le jour du compostage."

"..the high speed supplement is neither exchangeable or refundable. A "supplement journée" is valid for 7 days. The tickets are only valid on the day on which they are stamped"

Status
Not open for further replies.