• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hinckley to Coventry with nTrain

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnjman

I have an out of county nTrain ticket and want to use it to travel to Coventry. Do I have to go via Birmingham New Street or can I go via Nuneaton? Asking at Nuneaton ticket office on Saturday I was told I needed to purchase an additional ticket between Nuneaton and Coventry Arena, is this right?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

XCTurbostar

Established Member
I have the same ticket as you to travel from Hinckley to Birmingham New Street. I would recommend sending a tweet over to Network West Midlands (@NetworkWM) as they would be able to tell you directly whether your in the right. During delays I have before travelled via Coventry and Nuneaton and the staff have been fine with it.

OwlMan

Established Member
You can travel via Bedworth. It is valid for travel via any permitted route.
from NNetwork website
Valid on all rail services within the specified rail zones of the Network West Midlands area or to and from the specified out of county station.

from i kNOWLEDGEBASE
nTrain (Cross boundary)

In addition to being an in-boundary ticket valid within the Network West Midlands PTE area, nTrain tickets are also available from the stations outside of this area for travel into and around the NWM area. Stations from which “cross boundary” nTrain tickets are available are listed below and these allow travel to all zones (12345) in the NWM area and stations to Rugeley Trent Valley. These season ticket fares are shown in ticket issuing/Journey Planning systems with the destination W MID ALL ZONES (NLC I421).
Travel into the Network West Midlands area follows Routeing Guide rules and allows for travel by a permitted route into the zonal NWM area. ......

pnjman

Excellent, thanks both.Thought it must be OK but couldn't find anything definitive.

boxy321

To be clear, the ticket office was right. You need a Hinckley->Coventry Arena ticket, where the nnetwork takes over.

This will save you 50p!

pnjman

To be clear, the ticket office was right. You need a Hinckley->Coventry Arena ticket, where the nnetwork takes over.

This will save you 50p!

I've got an Out-of-County nTrain ticket, which can be used by permitted routes into the nTrain zone (as quoted above), the route via Bedworth is permitted, and Hinckley-Nuneaton I use everyday, so no need for an extra ticket, as far as I can see.

OwlMan

Established Member

This will save you 50p!
How does it save 50p?
Hinckley to West Midlands All Zones £50.60 per week.
Hinckley to Coventry Arena £42.20 plus Coventry Arena to Coventry £13.10 total £55.30 per week.

As previously stated no other ticket is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.