• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

hogan tests before interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamata

hi,
i remember doing some SJE as the last bit at the assessment centre last year. i have now been sent a link to book an interview, and also to do a hogan test before the interview date. Does anyone know what to expect and how to even prepare for this? I suppose this will be a driver manager interview/ or is it the mmi? its with southern. any pointers, deeply appreciated. thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Eggs&Bacon

I wouldn't worry at all about the Hogan test. It's basically trying to find out if your personality is introvert or extrovert. Questions like, would you rather read a book than watch tv, would you like to sky dive, are you last to leave a party. The test is before your DMI, you will then have a MMI if you pass.

flowcoach

My assumption is that employers prefer train drivers to be a little towards the introvert end of that spectrum, given the requirement for lone working with relatively little stimulation.

Is that the case?

BloominMan

My assumption is that employers prefer train drivers to be a little towards the introvert end of that spectrum, given the requirement for lone working with relatively little stimulation.

Is that the case?

It's a hard one as you still require accurate teamwork with guards or signalmen at times!

flowcoach

It's a hard one as you still require accurate teamwork with guards or signalmen at times!

I agree, but 'accurate teamwork' is a very different thing from the small talk and vague social interaction that is the usual bugbear of introverts.

That's also why I specified "a little to the introvert end of that spectrum" rather than all the way to the end of it!

mamata

I wouldn't worry at all about the Hogan test. It's basically trying to find out if your personality is introvert or extrovert. Questions like, would you rather read a book than watch tv, would you like to sky dive, are you last to leave a party. The test is before your DMI, you will then have a MMI if you pass.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.