• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Holyhead - Aylesbury

Status
Not open for further replies.

First class

Established Member
Hi,

There are two ticket routes available for Holyhead-Aylesbury:

1. CREWE (SOR is £32.25 prv)
2. +LONDON (SOR is £65.50 prv)

If I got the cheaper option route CREWE, then am I permitted to travel through London anyway considering a Holyhead-London train passes through Crewe?

Llandudno Jn - Aylesbury has route BANBURY or +LONDON, so route CREWE seems a bit odd....

I appriciate the underground bit would make me pay because it doesn't have the "+" symbol...

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

OwlMan

Established Member
No
Taking the cheaper fare the only Routeing point for Aylesbury that passes the fares rule is Banbury.
So the permitted journey is Holyhead - Shotton (holyhead's routeing point) - Banbury - Aylesbury.
The permitted routes are various combinations from Crewe to the West Midlands and then to Banbury via Leamington Spa
As the ticket is valid only via Crewe you are not allowed the permitted routes bypassing Crewe via Chester/Wrexham/Shrewsbury.

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.