• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hopefully helpful advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZFS88

I have personally found this forum great help in getting into the rail industry so I would like to share advice I feel has helped me as I was recently offered a position.
First of all try and show how you have skills the role you are applying for is looking for as transferable skills go a long way into helping get an interview.
If you get an interview it is a HUGE help if you visit the station you have applied for and ask if you can speak to someone about the role to gain more information.
A big interview tip I have used from previous jobs is to use the STAR format when answering (a quick search on this forum will give a lot of information on this).
If placed in the reserve pool, which is likely, it does help to send an email or make a quick phone call after a couple of months just to check on your position.
Hope this advice is helpful to anyone applying and feel free to send me a message and I will help where I can.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bawbster

I saw on another post that you start soon and you replied to one of my posts previously. Were you successful for the ticket examiner job that closed on the 17/05 or was it another job.

ZFS88

I saw on another post that you start soon and you replied to one of my posts previously. Were you successful for the ticket examiner job that closed on the 17/05 or was it another job.

I had been on the reserve list since last year for the same job which was being advertised again. Seems like they like to have a few in a reserve pool.

bawbster

I had been on the reserve list since last year for the same job which was being advertised again. Seems like they like to have a few in a reserve pool.
You were on a reserve pool and you had to re-apply? Was it the same position or a different post ?

Status
Not open for further replies.