• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hornby 50018 Resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

dugdug03

Evening guys,

I know i made a mistake in buying this loco as it has X Y and Z which isnt right but i do have a couple of questions

Do all 50018 models only carry red rear working lights? or is it just mine
I have no lights on the front of the loco, Only rear red....

If the case is that all 50018's come off the production line with only rear working lights, Can by direction lights be fiited and if so... is it a pain in the neck to fit?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
If it has headlights they will be in the head code box above the cab, which may be difficult to access (the unrefurbished 50's didn't have central headlights). From videos I have seen on Youtube, it is not clear if the headlights are on or not, I suspect not, however other 'refurbished' 50's definately have headcode box lighting.

If it doesn't you should be able to spares from places like East Kent Models, or maybe direct from Hornby (have you emailed them to ask about the headlights?).

GearJammer

Well funny enough i ran my 50018 the other day, mine only had red tail lights....... which tbh looks a bit daft when its pulling a train.

thedbdiboy

'Resolution' was the very first issue of the Hornby model unrefurbished blue class 50 and was not fitted with headcode lights, only tail lights. All subsequent issues (refurbished and unrefurbished) have headcode lights fitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.