• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hotels and guest houses with good railway and station views.

Status
Not open for further replies.

D6130

Established Member
As a spin-off from the 'Hotel Chains Discussion' thread, I would be interested to hear of any hotels/guest houses/B&Bs with good views across railway lines and/or stations....especially those which have rooms giving good photo and video opportunities. Already mentioned are Jury's Inn, Glasgow; Leeds City Centre Travelodge and the new Ibis in Cambridge. Other such places that my wife and I have stayed in over the years include the Sidings at Shipton, North of York and the Marine Guest House in Dawlish. Please feel free to mention overseas venues as well.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

philjo

Established Member
The b&b at Corrour station - the track was immediately next to my ground floor window so I could see the wheels of the passing train from the bed.

In Leeds the Queen’s Hotel is above the station buildings and some of the upper floor room look down on to the platforms and tracks.
Novotel at Leeds also has some rooms facing the station.

In Salzburg I was in a BW hotel adjacent to the railway. My room overloooked the station throat but unfortunately they were doing work involving the rail grinder that night so didn’t get much sleep before 2am!

XAM2175

Established Member
The Jury's Inn adjacent to Edinburgh Waverly has nice views over the west end of the station if you're on the north side of one of the higher floors.

Travelodge Vauxhall has an excellent overlook of the down end of Vauxhall station from rooms at the back

Status
Not open for further replies.