• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

HoW Circular Day Ranger - valid all day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Hi all,

Someone reminded me yesterday about this ticket and how useful it could be for me. However, I see no mention of any restrictions for starting time on the page for it on the National Rail website (http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/promotions/pr259c57c35ce74100506efaeed80267/details.html), so in theory does that mean I could use it starting from Hereford on the 0753 to Manchester as far as Shrewsbury, then the 0905 to Swansea for the next train to Cardiff and whatever forward to Hereford?

I'm assuming this ticket is valid at any time due to the ridiculously poor service on the Heart of Wales line, and I fancy doing it for the mileage on offer. £32 is not bad for the decent mileage opportunity!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Hi all,

Someone reminded me yesterday about this ticket and how useful it could be for me. However, I see no mention of any restrictions for starting time on the page for it on the National Rail website (http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/promotions/pr259c57c35ce74100506efaeed80267/details.html), so in theory does that mean I could use it starting from Hereford on the 0753 to Manchester as far as Shrewsbury, then the 0905 to Swansea for the next train to Cardiff and whatever forward to Hereford?

I'm assuming this ticket is valid at any time due to the ridiculously poor service on the Heart of Wales line, and I fancy doing it for the mileage on offer. £32 is not bad for the decent mileage opportunity!

Never mind, found confirmation of this on the ATW website eventually http://www.arrivatrainswales.co.uk/ExploreWales/TermsConditions/

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
There are no time restrictions. This ticket is valid at any time.

extendedpaul

I've used this ticket several times, always starting from Cardiff Central on the direct 08.09. It's not practical to break the journey on the HoW stretch but I've used it as a ranger between Shrewsbury and Cardiff via Hereford and Newport, including doubling back.

Only one of my last three tickets was stamped all day long and I've never been challenged at stations or on trains.

On one occasion a passenger in my carriage had boarded in error - there's a service only 4 minutes earlier on the main route ! Fare is the same and the conductor tried to sell the route to her but without success - she got off at Bridgend.

Status
Not open for further replies.