• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How do I buy a day rail ticket in the Birmingham zones on the Trainline

Status
Not open for further replies.

bakerstreet

As above.
I have to use the Trainline (work)
I need to make multiple journeys tomorrow and want a day rail ticket in the Birmingham zones.
I can’t see how to buy one.
Can you help?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alistairlees

Established Member
I don't think they sell Network WM zonal tickets. Most online retailers don't (possibly none do). Precisely what do you want - maybe you could link to the appropriate page on the Network West Midlands website?

JonathanH

Veteran Member
As above.
I need to make multiple journeys tomorrow and want a day rail ticket in the Birmingham zones.
I can’t see how to buy one.
Can you help?

You can't buy one. The ticket you need is:

nnetwork daytripper ADULT

OR

1 day network Zones 1-5

https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/tickets/#/?allowBus&allowTrain&allowMetro&passengerType=Adult&timeBand=Pay on day / 1 day&stationNames=&limit=6&limitExact=6#sbmBtn

but you can't buy one through the Trainline or online.

I guess you just have to buy the individual tickets in line with your company's policy even if that is (much) more expensive.

bakerstreet

You can't buy one. The ticket you need is:

nnetwork daytripper ADULT

OR

1 day network Zones 1-5

https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/tickets/#/?allowBus&allowTrain&allowMetro&passengerType=Adult&timeBand=Pay on day / 1 day&stationNames=&limit=6&limitExact=6#sbmBtn

but you can't buy one through the Trainline or online.

I guess you just have to buy the individual tickets in line with your company's policy even if that is (much) more expensive.

Thanks so much for this. Yes, that’s what I’ll do...I’ll stop searching now.

Belperpete

Established Member
As above.
Does your company provide you with internet access when you are out and about? If not, how do they expect you to buy a ticket through Trainline? One company that I used to work for insisted we normally buy tickets through a particular on-line seller, but we were allowed to purchase tickets at the station and reclaim on expenses if necessary, e.g. if travel plans unexpectedly changed.

At one point, we were not allowed to buy our tickets direct, but were supposed to buy them through a travel co-ordinator. I kept asking for tickets that the co-ordinator didn't know how to buy (like London zone 6 to xx extension tickets), so eventually she gave up and gave me permission to buy my tickets myself.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member

Check that that is the policy. We're required to use a specific site, but not if it will cost us more because the ticket needed is not available on it.

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Check that that is the policy. We're required to use a specific site, but not if it will cost us more because the ticket needed is not available on it.

All train tickets are probably more expensive on that specific site because it probably charges your company a booking fee.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
All train tickets are probably more expensive on that specific site because it probably charges your company a booking fee.

Yes, but that booking fee pays for the service of additional statistics etc which Trainline corporate customers get.

With hotels, we are required to use the booking tool (which does put a fee on top, but transparently, for the same additional services) but are allowed to go direct if the price we get is less than the base price without the fee for an equivalent room.

Similarly our tool doesn't do season tickets, so if one of those saves money it is to be purchased direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.