• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How do TfL recruit for bus station, Victoria Coach station staff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

a729

Hi,

Can anyone tell me any agencies which TfL use for the bus and coach station recruitment?
Or any agencies for any transport customer service roles?

As I know most vacancies don't seem to be advertised on TfL's website!

Thanks in advance!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

21:38

Hi a729,

I can tell you to the best of my knowlwdge TFL do not recruit any staff via an agency for Bus Stations. I am a former BUs Station Controller working for TFL ( I presume this is the role you are enquiring about?) They recruit externally via their website around once a year although some changes have occurred due to budget cuts and recruitment might now be every two years or so. The vacency usually has a huge response and is taken down quickly so I advise to check on regular basis.

Victoria Coah station do use agencies I believe but I am unsure who I would reccomend popping in and asking a member of staff. I trained with a guy in my new job who had come via Victoria Coach Station via a temp role (agency I belive).

Hope this helps

a729

Hi a729,

I can tell you to the best of my knowlwdge TFL do not recruit any staff via an agency for Bus Stations. I am a former BUs Station Controller working for TFL ( I presume this is the role you are enquiring about?) They recruit externally via their website around once a year although some changes have occurred due to budget cuts and recruitment might now be every two years or so. The vacency usually has a huge response and is taken down quickly so I advise to check on regular basis.

Victoria Coah station do use agencies I believe but I am unsure who I would reccomend popping in and asking a member of staff. I trained with a guy in my new job who had come via Victoria Coach Station via a temp role (agency I belive).

Hope this helps

Oh thanks! I have been checking TfL website for nearly 2 years regularly and haven't seen any bus station jobs,yet!
So it's a bit like the CSA recruitment done in rare big batches

Oh I see so the Coach Station use agencies- I'll definitely pop in and ask a staff member- if I see that nice lady who was on the Routemaster show yesterday!

Status
Not open for further replies.