• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How do you buy advance tickets online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deanparkr

I'm trying to book an advance ticket from Brockenhurst to London as advised here:

http://www.southwesttrains.co.uk/SW...t+types/AdvancedFares.htm?Letter=L#stationtop

It says "follow the step by step process"

However.. typical SWT style there is no "step by step" and when I choose the date I want to travel online it comes up and only shows me the usual "cheap day returns" and other stuff with no mention of advance fares?

Anyone know if its possible to book these online or is it ticket office only? :???:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Craig

Established Member
Advance tickets are sold as two singles rather than a return. I'm not familiar with the SWT booking system, but usually when you get the list of fares it's possible to click something like "show singles" which shows any available advance tickets.

Polarbear

Established Member
Using the link in your post, I went onto the SWT site & found some advance purchase fares for Brockenhusrt - London. I used 20 August for going to London & 21 August for the return leg. However, there weren't many very cheap ones available.

You dont say how far in advance you were trying to book. These fares are popular & sell out quickly so if you are trying to book them fairly near to the date you are travelling, you'll most likely not find anything.

Additionally, you'll have to go as "off peak" as possible to secure the cheapest fares.

There are a few other reasons that the advance fares may not have shown up, such as enginering work, or tickets for the dates you intend travelling not having been released for sale yet.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Get the outward from NXEC and the return from the SWT branded trainline site then ;)

deanparkr

Get the outward from NXEC and the return from the SWT branded trainline site then ;)

oooo :D

I will phone SWT tomorrow and see what price they give me.. if not I will mix and match with the above! haha.

Thanks all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.