• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

how do you issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave4jackie

this is mainly for station staff,what is the letters i need to issue a london travelcard on the star machine please

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

First class

Established Member
For most, type in the following NLC codes:

So, you've got your Anywhere to Anywhere screen up:

Touch Origin and type 1072, then click Destination and type the relevant code below. Choose the right dates, railcards etc and find the fare.

All Zones (1-6)

Origin: 1072
Destination: 0035

Zones 1-2
Destination: 0032

Zones 1-3
Destination: 0033

Zones 1-4
Destination: 0034

Zones 1-5
Destination: 0064

There are no short 'letter' codes as they do not represent specific stations. Most, if not all, TIS recognise the National Location Code as a valid destination/origin. This definitely works on STAR.

Death

Established Member
Cheers for posting those, FC! I just tried prodding them into Avantix (NFM 05) and they work in that as well! 8)

...That'll save me having to call NRES every time I want to find out the cost of a one day travelcard! :D

Last edited:

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Why would you have to ring NRES when they are available on the lovely World Wide Web?

EDIT: I forgot what your sig said:

Death Signature said:
News: I'm currently online from public PCs only during a very extensive overhaul of my home network. It may take me a long time to reply to threads and PMs. :!:

Last edited:

janb

If you are typing it in then its Zone R12*/Zone R1256 as examples, on STAR v3 (IIRC, the newest one anyway), as soon as you type Zone R you'll see the list of options, similarly with Zone U when you want to do an underground single.

A60K

I've noticed that the text displayed on the ticket has changed recently from 'Zone R1256 Londn' to 'London Zones 1-6', presumably to avoid people asking why their ticket wasn't valid for Zones 3 and 4...

Solent&Wessex

Established Member
If you are typing it in then its Zone R12*/Zone R1256 as examples, on STAR v3 (IIRC, the newest one anyway), as soon as you type Zone R you'll see the list of options, similarly with Zone U when you want to do an underground single.

Using "Zone R1256" no longer works in Avantix machines. If you put it in, or even do a search for "Zone R" as suggested it says "No Matching Locations found". The new destination is "London Zones 1-6".

Status
Not open for further replies.