• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How many passenger trains run every day on the network?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherry_Picker

Established Member
I'm sure the answer to this question used to be published in the working timetable, but as I've not seen one of those in years I'll throw the question out to the forum: How many passenger trains run every day on the network in the current timetable?

Some guidelines to my question:

• For the sake of simplicity let's say there are only three timetables; Monday - Friday; Saturday and Sunday.
  • When a train changes headcode, it's a new train. Yes, the Stourbridge Town shuttle is the same unit scurrying back and forth along a mile of track all day long but for the sake of the discussion every trip counts as a new train.
  • ECS moves, Light Engine moves & freight trains are a separate figure. I just want to know how many possible trains a passenger could buy a ticket for if he were making a journey tomorrow.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

1e10

http://raildar.co.uk/

That website may be able to help give you an idea. At the top it gives statistics for the day so far, log on at 11:59 and you'll have a good answer.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Which is 21,156 when I looked just now.

I was just about to say that the number must be somewhere used to calculate PPM, but seems I've been beaten to it. :(

A recent NR press release on PPM etc rounded it to 24,000 trains per day.

Status
Not open for further replies.