• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How many people have exactly the same commute as you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crossover

Established Member
http://www.alphr.com/life-culture/1008827/tfl-shared-tube-commute-tool

Every day after a short 20-minute stroll taking in the local sights of a giant Asda, a petrol station and a Nando’s, I board the London Underground at Colliers Wood, before emerging huffing and wheezing atop the 136 steps at Goodge Street 35 minutes later. According to Transport for London (TfL), 151 other Londoners in a city-wide population of some eight million share in that particular daily experience.

How unusual is that? Well, it’s more common than people commuting from Upminster to Heathrow Terminal 5, as you might expect, but it’s still comparatively rare as the top ten journeys demonstrate.

The actual link to the tool is https://your-commute.london.gov.uk/

I don't live in London so don't commute on the Underground so can only play with 'random' station combinations

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Well when SWR are not running I travel Hatton Cross to Moorgate, apparently it is quite a rare route with less than 10 people making it on a regular basis.

[.n]

187 for the tube only part of my commute, so a popular route

rebmcr

Established Member
There's no way to specify which of the available routes between two stations is taken.

Crossover

Established Member
Not sure what you mean. A person answering this will know their 'usual' route even if they switch during disruption.

As in would it be in the data? Presumably a lot of this will be Oyster/CPC which, unless validated on a pink reader, wouldn't know what route was taken

telstarbox

Established Member
For some pairs of stations there are several reasonable routes.

For example, Whitechapel to Green Park could be:
- via Kings Cross St Pancras (Piccadilly line)
- via Kings Cross St Pancras (Victoria line)
- via Westminster
- via Victoria
- via Canada Water

rebmcr

Established Member
As in would it be in the data? Presumably a lot of this will be Oyster/CPC which, unless validated on a pink reader, wouldn't know what route was taken

Ah OK. I had got the idea into my head that the other answers to this website were the only source of data!

The Oyster database does seem much more likely. :)

theking

Wonder what the highest one is found Waterloo to bank with 19,843

Just saw the article it's listed in there

Last edited:

MotCO

Established Member
Wonder what the highest one is found Waterloo to bank with 19,843

Just saw the article it's listed in there

I assume that there are some station combinations which are not used, but can anyone find one?

Abpj17

St Pauls to Blackfriars (because who would do that on the tube). I get the same for Aldgate to Aldgate East. Maybe zero isn't an answer it returns.
Less than 10 Londoners do the same journey as you every day.
Your journey is as rare as a seat on a rush hour train.

Status
Not open for further replies.