• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How many services branded as ‘Great Northern’ operate from Kings Cross

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorge Da Silva

Established Member
Ok how many Great Northern services operate from Kings Cross

I am aware of the 1 train per hour to Ely and 1 train per hour to Kings Lynn.

But I am aware there are a few peaks to Peterborough and Baldock? How many peak services are there?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NoMorePacers

Established Member
Ok how many Great Northern services operate from Kings Cross

I am aware of the 1 train per hour to Ely and 1 train per hour to Kings Lynn.

But I am aware there are a few peaks to Peterborough and Baldock? How many peak services are there?
Well, technically Saturday Peterborough-Kings Cross services are run as Thameslink, but they use Great Northern stock most of the time. When that becomes fully 700 operated is anyone's guess.

Ianno87

Veteran Member
6 per hour in the peak:
2 x King's Lynn/Ely
2 x Baldock
2 x Peterborough semi-fast

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
thank you. Do you know the calling patterns of the latter two?
You can see a list of GTR operated trains from King's Cross to Baldock & Peterborough here:
GTR are not consistent with their branding but it's all the same company so an irrelevance what brand they are using really.

Not sure if 1918 is included in your definition of "peak" but that's the fastest non-LNER train to Peterborough as it runs non-stop to Biggleswade

Jorge Da Silva

Established Member
You can see a list of GTR operated trains from King's Cross to Baldock & Peterborough here:
GTR are not consistent with their branding but it's all the same company so an irrelevance what brand they are using really.

Not sure if 1918 is included in your definition of "peak" but that's the fastest non-LNER train to Peterborough as it runs non-stop to Biggleswade

Thanks for that info

Status
Not open for further replies.