• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How Scotrail could be run in future

Status
Not open for further replies.

waverley47

Moderator note: split from https://www.railforums.co.uk/thread...-operator-of-last-resort-to-take-over.214105/

Regarding the future of the franchise, I think we're likely to see a semi permanent OLR style franchise, with day to day management left in the hands of a semi public company, while fleet decisions and route upgrades are separated out and controlled much more centrally by ministers. Time will tell if this works, but I feel it is probably the right direction to be heading in given the current arrangement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RailWonderer

Established Member
Regarding the future of the franchise, I think we're likely to see a semi permanent OLR style franchise, with day to day management left in the hands of a semi public company, while fleet decisions and route upgrades are separated out and controlled much more centrally by ministers. Time will tell if this works, but I feel it is probably the right direction to be heading in given the current arrangement.
Why wouldn't Scotrail want to make descisions over fleet management and route upgrades? The government does not know better than those who run it day by day and who work lineside, live on the network and use it regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.