• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How to book first class on Transpennine Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryBrown156

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could advise me on how to book first class on Transpennine Express please?. I am currently planning a trip a down to Liverpool from Glasgow for a few days around mid April. As I am autistic and have anxiety I don't travel well on extremely busy trains so if these services are likely to be busy I'd rather travel in first class where it should be less claustrophobic. I have had a look on the TPE website but I only appear to be able to book a standard class return. As I haven't booked with TPE before I am unfamiliar with the site so not sure if first class is fully booked or if I'm booking too early or something but there doesn't appear to be a first class option.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
The Avanti site offers TPE First Advances on 7th out and 21st back (random dates).

Fawkes Cat

Established Member
If you want to use the TPE website, you need to choose your train first, and then click on the pale blue 'view all tickets' button. That will show you the first class fares for that train.

But as @30907 implies, you don't have to buy tickets for TPE trains from the TPE website. If you are comfortable with another website that sells tickets, they should be able to sell you the ticket that you want.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Be warned that TPE have a serious reliability and overcrowding problem, and it's not clear when this will be solved. I would strongly recommend you instead travel using Avanti West Coast, changing to Northern at Preston or Wigan (or if you prefer via Ormskirk), on those trains you are unlikely to encounter serious overcrowding, particularly in First Class.

Status
Not open for further replies.