• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How to change seat reservations with LNER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peregrine 4903

Established Member
I've just booked some train tickets for a trip to Newcastle in a few weeks time, but I think my seats in both directions are facing backwards and I can't sit facing backwards on trains as I feel sick.

As I booked the tickets through priv, and there wasn't an option there to specify forward facing, does anyone know if there is anyway to get the reservations changed so that I am facing forwards?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alistairlees

Established Member
You can get new reservations direct from LNER website. There is no reference needed. You can’t easily change your existing ones

Wallsendmag

Established Member
You can get new reservations direct from LNER website. There is no reference needed. You can’t easily change your existing ones
If you booked direct . Go to My Account, Manage Your booking, scroll down to the reservation and click Manage your seat reservations. You can update your reservations on the seating map.

Last edited:

Haywain

Veteran Member
Err yes you can. Go to My Account, Manage Your booking, scroll down to the reservation and click Manage your seat reservations. You can update your reservations on the seating map.
If booked with LNER. The OP likely booked with Worldline as they are using Priv discount.

XAM2175

Established Member
I've just booked some train tickets for a trip to Newcastle in a few weeks time, but I think my seats in both directions are facing backwards and I can't sit facing backwards on trains as I feel sick.

As I booked the tickets through priv, and there wasn't an option there to specify forward facing, does anyone know if there is anyway to get the reservations changed so that I am facing forwards?
Exactly, use https://www.lner.co.uk/travel-information/make-a-reservation/ to make new reservations. You'll still have the old ones too, which is not ideal, but it's the best that can be done at the moment.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Perhaps it depends how the seats were booked in the first place, but having an LNER account, I have changed reservations in connection with a free pass and it could not be simpler.

If you book a reservation via the LNER site you can change it easily enough, but not one booked via another retailer.

ricoblade

Changing reservations don't appear to be working today - I've got an LNER service booked for tomorrow and got allocated poor seats. I've tried to change them but get "We're sorry, we're experiencing some technical issues with our seat maps. No amendments can be made for this leg of your journey.".

Any clues please?

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Changing reservations don't appear to be working today - I've got an LNER service booked for tomorrow and got allocated poor seats. I've tried to change them but get "We're sorry, we're experiencing some technical issues with our seat maps. No amendments can be made for this leg of your journey.".

Any clues please?

This usually happens if you've got an Advance and no more are available in the same quota, because the way it works is to obtain a new Advance in the new seat and then put the old one back on sale.

What you can do instead is go in and book a new standalone reservation and just ignore the one on the ticket. If that doesn't work then there is another problem :)

ricoblade

This usually happens if you've got an Advance and no more are available in the same quota, because the way it works is to obtain a new Advance in the new seat and then put the old one back on sale.

What you can do instead is go in and book a new standalone reservation and just ignore the one on the ticket. If that doesn't work then there is another problem :)

Thanks - I do have an Advance and the LNER Twitter team sent me a link to the Reservation site. However, that does not let you select a seat, it just allocates you another rubbbish one (there appears to be availability in other coaches).

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Thanks - I do have an Advance and the LNER Twitter team sent me a link to the Reservation site. However, that does not let you select a seat, it just allocates you another rubbbish one (there appears to be availability in other coaches).

You get an allocated one then go in and change it using the Manage link. I've just done it successfully (and cancelled it) for the 0703 tomorrow so there's not a global problem.

ricoblade

You get an allocated one then go in and change it using the Manage link. I've just done it successfully (and cancelled it) for the 0703 tomorrow so there's not a global problem.
Apparently it's because parts of Coach C (where I was trying to book) are non reserveable so the system just returns an error instead of either showing them as non reserveable or telling you that. The nice lady on the phone said "it's a known error but we don't know why it happens"!

Apparently it's because parts of Coach C (where I was trying to book) are non reserveable so the system just returns an error instead of either showing them as non reserveable or telling you that. The nice lady on the phone said "it's a known error but we don't know why it happens"!

Managed to get the seat I was trying to book in the unreserved part of C

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.