• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How to obtain rail sponsorship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurence

Hey there, I am a self employed Health and Safety professional. I want to break in to the rail industry but I am struggling with the need for sponsorship. I am happy to self fund the full PTS and COSS courses to upskill myself appropriately, but ive hit the usual paradox.

You cant get on a course without sponsorship, and nobody seems to want to sponsor anyone unless they already have the tickets!

I contacted orion in birmingham who explicitly state on their website that they sponsor people, but they say they dont sponsor people for training.

anybody else overcome this problem and if so how did you do it?

If anybody knows of any companies that will sponsor people through their self funded training I would very much appreciate the share, alternatively if you are a company that would be willing to sponsor me so I can do my training I would be happy to pay for the priviledge.

thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Elecman

Established Member
You have to hold PTS for sometime with plenty of trackside exoerience before you can train as a COSS

Laurence

ok thanks for that Elecman. Still getting the pts opens the door which then makes getting coss much easier. Any ideas?

Zerocool

Some training companies have sponsors on site that will sponsor you for the pts training. What I would do is call around the different companies that offer the training and ask them if they have the ability to provide sponsorship for the duration of the course.

Elecman

Established Member
Some training companies have sponsors on site that will sponsor you for the pts training. What I would do is call around the different companies that offer the training and ask them if they have the ability to provide sponsorship for the duration of the course.

Unfortunately, you need a primary sponsor all the time for your Sentinel card to remain valid, as losing your sponsor automatically invalidates the Sentinel registration

Stuart-h

Youd need to have a fair amount of track experience before any sponcer will put you forward to do the coss course.

Status
Not open for further replies.