• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How to see booked workings on a particular platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

ess

Are there any good websites which show all the services booked to leave - for example - Paddington platform 1, or Reading platform 12 etc?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

_toommm_

Established Member
You can trawl through RealTimeTrains and look yourself for the desired platform, but there’s currently no website which will let you filter by specific platform.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
You can trawl through RealTimeTrains and look yourself for the desired platform, but there’s currently no website which will let you filter by specific platform.
Is it, at least in theory, possible to extract the relevant data from RealTrainTimes into a big spreadsheet, and then filter the required information?

_toommm_

Established Member
Is it, at least in theory, possible to extract the relevant data from RealTrainTimes into a big spreadsheet, and then filter the required information?

I can imagine so. Never done it but I imagine you’d export to PDF, then export that to Excel or Google Sheets.

D7666

It is very simple for BOOKED workings, no need to faff around with exporting data.

Do not use RTT for this.

Use OTT.

It will list the workings from a single platform for the period each train is booked to do it if you set the right search filters.

Go to the "advanced search" page.

This has one search filter by default but you need two filters - station and platform.

Use the TIPLOC for the station you want i.e. TIPLOC equals LUTON .... for Luton obviously

Then Add a second filter, select platform, and input 1 ... for platform 1.

That will return everything booked using Luton platform 1.

If you now want to look at platform 2, just change the 1 to 2 and hit search again.

etc.

I don't know how this works w.r.t. to last minute platform changes, but I doubt it is much different to RTT if it is a last minute switch at the immediate set of points further out.

It will certainly work if you are looking for trains into little used platforms e.g. try BOMO 4 for Bournemouth platform 4. That's the location I used to figure out to do this, as I was curious to know if 4 is still used as a platform in the sense of platform for boarding and alighting (as opposed to merely running through it from 3.

For the requested question at Bham NS platform three, you need TIPLOC = BHAMNWS and platform =3.

Likewise Reading 12 use RDNGSTN 12.

Last edited:

D7666

Did I waste my time and effort in answering this question ?

Two different threads with the same question _ and all other posts asserted there was no way to do this.

I posted the solution 10 days ago.

And since then yet another question about platforms has come up (i.e. at Sheerness).

It would be nice to have some feedback to posts like this _ there is nothing in 10 days.

trainmania100

Established Member
Are there any good websites which show all the services booked to leave - for example - Paddington platform 1, or Reading platform 12 etc?
I believe freightlocate used to do this, albeit a paid service, but as you know , booked doesn't always mean actual platform, and may end up being unreliable on the day

HST274

It is very simple for BOOKED workings, no need to faff around with exporting data.

Do not use RTT for this.

Use OTT.

It will list the workings from a single platform for the period each train is booked to do it if you set the right search filters.

Go to the "advanced search" page.

This has one search filter by default but you need two filters - station and platform.

Use the TIPLOC for the station you want i.e. TIPLOC equals LUTON .... for Luton obviously

Then Add a second filter, select platform, and input 1 ... for platform 1.

That will return everything booked using Luton platform 1.

If you now want to look at platform 2, just change the 1 to 2 and hit search again.

etc.

I don't know how this works w.r.t. to last minute platform changes, but I doubt it is much different to RTT if it is a last minute switch at the immediate set of points further out.

It will certainly work if you are looking for trains into little used platforms e.g. try BOMO 4 for Bournemouth platform 4. That's the location I used to figure out to do this, as I was curious to know if 4 is still used as a platform in the sense of platform for boarding and alighting (as opposed to merely running through it from 3.

For the requested question at Bham NS platform three, you need TIPLOC = BHAMNWS and platform =3.

Likewise Reading 12 use RDNGSTN 12.
A nifty trick which I may use in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.