• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

HS2: Government to give high-speed rail line the go-ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
I'm not sure the railway equipment side of HS2 (track, OHLE, signalling) has yet been out for tender.
The contracts awarded so far are for civil engineering works and station builds (tunnels, bridges, embankments, viaducts etc).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Domh245

Established Member
I'm not sure the railway equipment side of HS2 (track, OHLE, signalling) has yet been out for tender.
The contracts awarded so far are for civil engineering works and station builds (tunnels, bridges, embankments, viaducts etc).

I think bits of it have been out, I seem to remember SNCF picking up OHLE contracts

Bald Rick

Veteran Member

I think bits of it have been out, I seem to remember SNCF picking up OHLE contracts

It’s all on the HS2 website

https://www.hs2.org.uk/contract-opportunities/

Main civils have long since been let; track, OLE, signalling not yet started procurement (except for the track slab system).

LeylandLen

I hear the Chinese are offering to build it over 5 years. Grant Chaps said on Sky there has been letters from China to HS2 Ltd , nothing involving any ministers. Aside from the political situation , is 5 years feasible , given all the different aspects of the construction.?? Presumably they would want a return on investment ; share of revenue from fares etc ?

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
I hear the Chinese are offering to build it over 5 years. Grant Chaps said on Sky there has been letters from China to HS2 Ltd , nothing involving any ministers. Aside from the political situation , is 5 years feasible , given all the different aspects of the construction.?? Presumably they would want a return on investment ; share of revenue from fares etc ?
There’s a separate thread running about supposed Chinese involvement, but I suspect it’s an impossible timescale under any normal British conditions.
https://www.railforums.co.uk/thread...e-would-be-cheaper.200428/page-4#post-4440820

Status
Not open for further replies.