• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

HST covered 1221 Bristol to Cardiff and 1359 return (29/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mintona

Established Member
An HST covered the 1221 Bristol to Cardiff and 1359 return earlier in place of a 150. I have no idea if this was crew or stock shortage though.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

paulwestwood

Just as well there was a spare hst and crew hanging around!
Earlier in the day a HST worked from Cardiff to Temple Meads instead of west units, then it was 153372 and 150265 from Bristol to Paignton which would be the 08:55 departure off Bristol.

Mitchell Hurd

On Moderation
Wow - GWR must be on it's hands and knees for stock! Was it a full 8-coach set or did they run it in say 2+4 formation?

I'm not joking when I say that on a 2014 YouTube video (not sure what you type in) during last year I think, a 3-coach HST was used on an Oxford to London Paddington stopping service. My guess is that there were literally 0 available Turbos available that day.

paulwestwood

Wow - GWR must be on it's hands and knees for stock! Was it a full 8-coach set or did they run it in say 2+4 formation?

I'm not joking when I say that on a 2014 YouTube video (not sure what you type in) during last year I think, a 3-coach HST was used on an Oxford to London Paddington stopping service. My guess is that there were literally 0 available Turbos available that day.

The morning trip was a 2+8 it was then due to go empty to the Marsh.

Established Member

It was 2+8... and that 2+3 was abooked working for a while I seem to recall.

Mintona

Established Member
It would appear there is an HST out on Cardiff-Taunton workings for most of the day today.

It would appear there is an HST out on Cardiff-Taunton workings for most of the day today.
Yes, covering a Turbo. Has been a replacement for the diagram all day due to unavailability of train crew. I assume train crew is more limited on Turbos as not all crew members would've learnt them yet I guess.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Yes, covering a Turbo. Has been a replacement for the diagram all day due to unavailability of train crew. I assume train crew is more limited on Turbos as not all crew members would've learnt them yet I guess.

It had already been posted as per the link in Post #9

Status
Not open for further replies.