• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

HSTs and Meridian trains to Lincoln Christmas market

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

robbeech

Established Member
In previous years they've cancelled Services between Worksop and Nottingham, or at least Worksop and Mansfield Woodhouse to free up stock to strengthen the Lincoln services.
Doesn't look to be the case again this year so that is an improvement.
Northern also diverting the Sheffield/Gainsborough stoppers to Lincoln too Saturday 7th so lots of extra services. Will still be chaos.

WesternLancer

Established Member
Nice to see buffet counter open on the HST this morning - with a range of stuff on sale and promoting it over the tannoy. Well done EMR!

ChrisC

Established Member
Nice to see buffet counter open on the HST this morning - with a range of stuff on sale and promoting it over the tannoy. Well done EMR!

I know it’s still very early days but good to see EMR continuing to provide extra capacity for important events as usually happened with EMT. Thank goodness we haven’t gone back to the chaos of Central Trains days at the Lincoln Christmas Market.

route101

Established Member

They done that on the Skeggy HST services , even though it was just a trolley in the buffet.

WesternLancer

Established Member
They done that on the Skeggy HST services , even though it was just a trolley in the buffet.
full buffet on a skeggy HST I went on on the last day, but yes, as you say, good stuff. Staff did a trolley on the meridian I took coming back yesterday.

Impey0711

On Moderation
Can't remember the last time there was a buffet open on the EMR / East Midlands trains everytime I've used them for the past number of months it's been a trolley service

Status
Not open for further replies.