• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

HTM Tram route 1A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

delticdave

I've just been watching a Youtube video of an unusual tram route in Den Haag (Friday evening, 24.03.2023), numbered 1A. It runs from on the route of line 1 through Den Haag but it turns left in Rijswijk to the old (out of service but usable still) 10 line route to Voorburg Station & it was carrying passengers...Is this a new tram line or a temporary diversion?

I would be very gratefull for any info, David C.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bemined

It was a temporary line because of a bridge renovation. It only ran for a few weeks, alongside a line 1B on the other side of the bridge. Both lines have since been recombined as the renovation was completed last week.

delticdave

It was a temporary line because of a bridge renovation. It only ran for a few weeks, alongside a line 1B on the other side of the bridge. Both lines have since been recombined as the renovation was completed last week.
Thanks for the info. Back in the day when I was staying with family (in Rijswijk), the 10 tram was a useful link to Voorburg station. I'd imagine that the 23 bus would do the same journey, but the tram was a nicer ride than the DAF buses....

DC

DanielB

DAF buses? That must have been quite a while ago then. The last DAF buses HTM had were replaced by Den Oudsten buses (with still had DAF engines), but even those have been withdrawn quite a few years ago.

Regarding route 1A: below a photo I took on the branch into Voorburg...

HTM 3140 - Voorburg, Prinses Mariannelaan

The route 1B on the other side of the bridge was even a bit more odd, as it was reversing via a turning triangle every 10 minutes...

HTM 3071 - Rijswijk, Delftweg

Last edited:

dutchflyer

Established Member
Yes, as I live pretty close by-it was temporary for just a few weeks. DAF only came as being HTM bus as the then red uni-standard bus for then/first all 3 main urban operators-those that also run trams and still exist-before the old yellow/green buses were Kromhout-a long vanished dutch builder.

delticdave

Yes, as I live pretty close by-it was temporary for just a few weeks. DAF only came as being HTM bus as the then red uni-standard bus for then/first all 3 main urban operators-those that also run trams and still exist-before the old yellow/green buses were Kromhout-a long vanished dutch builder.
My 1st visit to NL was in summer 1970, staying in Amsterdam but using public transit there & Den Haag. The local / city buses were maroon & grey, with 2-speed automatic transmissions, possibly they were DAF's? The interurban buses were nicer, always yellow, mostly semi-automatic 4 speed boxes but with quite a few operators...

DC

DanielB

Yes, those maroon and grey where DAF buses. Though only the chassis and engine where built by DAF. The body of those CSA* buses was built by Hainje in the case of HTM.

*) CSA = Commissie Standaardisering Autobusmaterieel, in English "Bus standardization commission"

rvdborgt

My 1st visit to NL was in summer 1970, staying in Amsterdam but using public transit there & Den Haag. The local / city buses were maroon & grey, with 2-speed automatic transmissions, possibly they were DAF's?
I remember those from my days at the university in the late 80s and early 90s in Nijmegen. Not really my favourite type of bus...

Status
Not open for further replies.