• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hull Station History

BenS

Hull Station has some display boards with information on the history of the station.
I got just one photo of one of boards, but there are others not in this photo.

Attachments

• PXL_20231216_143410538.MP.jpg
    PXL_20231216_143410538.MP.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 64
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
@BenS. Good stuff. Were you perhaps wanting to find out if anyone else had pics of the various other historical display boards at Hull?

BenS

@BenS. Good stuff. Were you perhaps wanting to find out if anyone else had pics of the various other historical display boards at Hull?
I might go back later in the week and get photos of the rest of the boards.

Coincidentally, before I saw this, I had decided to buy some books, mostly second hand, about local railway history.

Attachments

• PXL_20231217_180932442.jpg
    PXL_20231217_180932442.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:

vic-rijrode

I might go back later in the week and get photos of the rest of the boards.

Coincidentally, before I saw this, I had decided to buy some books, mostly second hand, about local railway history.
I have the first volume of the Illustrated History of the Railways of Hull which seems to be hard to find these days but well worth it.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
I have the first volume of the Illustrated History of the Railways of Hull which seems to be hard to find these days but well worth it.
If that's the 1993 edition book by Irwell Press, there still seem to be one or two copies available from all the usual online-platforms, although you do need to watch out for ridiculous prices sought by scalpers.