• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hull to London this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

MontyP

Due to a family issue, I need to travel from Hull to London on Saturday - but due to the Kings X blockade, the best route is via Sheffield to St Pancras. There are no Advance tickets available on this routing, so it looks like the fare will be well over £100 unless anyone has any bright ideas? I can get an Advance from Sheffield to London for around £35, but this means that I would have to commit to a specific train and there is only an 11 minute connection at Sheffield from the Hull train, which feels a bit risky.

Any ideas?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

superjohn

Hull Trains are running (to St Pancras) and have through advances on sale. I’m seeing £52.50 on their 1230 departure.

Failed Unit

Established Member
Can you take the train before and give yourself 1h11 mins?

however 11 mins is a booked connection, you have a valid journey so if your train from hull is late you must be transported to London on the next train(s)

I could result in the same wait but you won’t be abandoned.

MontyP

Can you take the train before and give yourself 1h11 mins?

however 11 mins is a booked connection, you have a valid journey so if your train from hull is late you must be transported to London on the next train(s)

I could result in the same wait but you won’t be abandoned.
If I was travelling on 2 separate tickets (an off-peak single from Hull to Sheffield and an advance single from Sheffield to London), would this still apply, or would I have to pay for a new ticket if I missed the connection in Sheffield?

Hull Trains are running (to St Pancras) and have through advances on sale. I’m seeing £52.50 on their 1230 departure.
Thanks, I didn't see this when I looked earlier!

Failed Unit

Established Member
If I was travelling on 2 separate tickets (an off-peak single from Hull to Sheffield and an advance single from Sheffield to London), would this still apply, or would I have to pay for a new ticket if I missed the connection in Sheffield?

Thanks, I didn't see this when I looked earlier!
Yes. 2 separate valid tickets = a journey.

sonic2009

Established Member
Not sure what time you need to be in London, and if you want to get the cost right down, look at Flixbus between Leeds/York and London or Sheffield (Meadowhall) and London.

Fares can be as low as 99p.

Status
Not open for further replies.