• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hydraulics Up North

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moog_1984

Interesting...I spotted regularly in Perth from 1960-1963/4 and I recall no mention of such movements.

Well let's face it you would have been spotting mostly on saturdays / evenings, and there is a photo of a warship (43) north of Dunblane.

I think I recall right that the original AIAs and the 43s were buiit at St.Rollox, north Glasgow with access to the two routes north so this is as likely as 22s going south via dumfries.

on "up north" of 50'N, There may be some russian DH's north of this, but a DH was tested on the Bergens-bane in the 50s, probably the most northerly mainline DH , if it did not venture up the Døvre Bane as well. It was German and I wonder what it was?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

caliwag

I'm sure you are right Moog. Evenings for a couple of hours, Saturday mid-morning till 12.30ish as I recall...sheds on Sunday. Odd that there were no rumours though. We were rather sick of the 29s which tbh were pretty hopeless. That did us a favour though, prolonging Glasgow/Dundee/Aberdeen steam till late '66.
Would be interested to see that photo however.

Mind there were few photographers around except WJV, D Cross and Sellers who probably would've ignored it. Certainly haven't seen photos of Metrovicks North of Dunblane and there were a good dozen visits by them.

Status
Not open for further replies.