• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hyndland station Glasgow

Status
Not open for further replies.

doningtonphil

Hello

I intend to use this station to catch a train to the SECC/Hydro exhibition centre station for a few days. Please can any locals advise of disabled access? The Scotrail website refers to lifts but also indicates steps up to the platform.

Also, is there any parking at the station or nearby? I am stopping at the Pond Hotel which looks to be a 5-10 min walk away, wondering if there is parking any nearer

Many thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

applepie2100

Parking around Hyndland station is fairly limited as far as I know. Regarding accessiblity the station has recently been refurbished with a new footbridge and lift access to both entrances and the platform itself.

PaxVobiscum

Established Member
Parking in that area is very difficult because of the nearby Gartnavel Hospitals. If you are staying in the Pond hotel that's as near as you are likely to get parked, as even disabled spaces are in high demand.

doningtonphil

thanks for the replies. how far a walk is it from hotel station. google streetview shows a road from hotel to near station. is that public access that I could drive down to drop my colleague off before nipping the car back to the car park?

NotATrainspott

Established Member
The station has just seen a lot of investment in accessibility because of its value as an interchange and its proximity to the Gartnavel Hospitals. There are brand new lifts at the north end of the platform leading up to a new footbridge, connecting the island platform to both the northern and southern public access routes. There's a public access road all the way to the nearest building - the Homeopathic Hospital - and from there it will only be about 150 metres to the lifts. Also, Google Streetview cars only drive down publicly-accessible roads so there's no need to worry in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.