• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I ask, you answer (New Game!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Yeah, they run Doncaster - York, so it's the only section where any MML train can surpass 110mph.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

Hmm, my question then!

What is the distance between Leicester Square and Covent Garden in miles to 2 decimal places.

T

Tom

It is different, according to Quail. And CULG for that matter.

Met Driver

Established Member
I'm positive that it is 0.26 *KM*. That is what LUL says, and also what John Glover's 'London Underground in Colour' says.

T

Tom

It is a device on LUL which allows T/Ops who are blind to open doors on the correct side as long as they are within the 'zone' of CSDE (by a wire on the side of the platform invariably). (Correct Side Door Enable)

Met Driver

Established Member
Correct. But put more simply, it prevents drivers from opening the doors on the non-platform side of the train at any given station.

T

Tom

Indeed.

OK, interesting question now - at Ealing Common EB, on the theatre indicator for the depot, what number are you most likely to get for roads 18 or 19? ;)

Met Driver

Established Member
You get a '1' for roads 1-18 and a '2' for roads 19-20.

Nice try TC ;)

How do LU trains draw current when in the depot?

T

Tom

From a lead on a trolley-type thing coming from it. It plugs into near the bogies

Met Driver

Established Member
Thanks again, TC. I bet you had to think long and hard about that one :roll: ;)

T

Tom

Well I am a tubechallenger!

Right - a lovely easy one now...

How many platforms are there at Morden station?

Status
Not open for further replies.