• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I have a question about class 465 trains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yh00157

hello.

I am a railroad fanatic living in Daegu Metropolitan City, Korea.

While studying machinery at specialized high schools and junior colleges, I watch railroad cars together.

I am writing this because I want to ask a question about the class 465 train.

I know that BREL/ABB-made trains replaced the driving equipment with Hitachi made in Japan between 2009 and 2010.

For reference, the Daegu Metro Line 3 monorail train is also made by Hitachi.

What I want to know is whether the Brush Traction TIM970 motor is also replaced with this model.

It is difficult to find the material, so I ask a question.

It was written in Korean and then translated into English by Google Translate. There may be some grammar mistakes, so please forgive me.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MrB

This, from 2009, suggests that "The Class 465 Hitachi IGBT based traction equipment, has been developed from technology used on Metro trains in Japan and China and has been designed to mirror the space envelope and weight characteristics of the original, obsolete system"

Tynwald

similar conversion on 323. Holec gto inverters changed for alstom onix igbt. Motors remained the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.