• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ideas for a day trip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crispy1978

Last year, I did the Tyne & Tees rover, which picked up nearly all of the stations on the route (think we missed 3 which weren't physically possible).

I've managed to pick up a lot of South and West Yorkshire up over the years so not sure how much value there will be in spending a day doing those rovers.

Any ideas (I'm from Scarborough) of a decent way to pick up some stations either utilising, or not utilising (easy either way) a day rover?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Not many day rangers up there at Scarborough,think an East Yorkshire Coast Ranger would cover you to Hull all day.

South Pennines is also an option from Leeds I believe.

fowler9

Established Member
The Greater Manchester Rail Ranger is excellent value at only £5.00. You should be able to get Advances on TPE direct from Scarborough to Manchester Piccadilly/Manchester Airport.

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/pr76259d68a84d788a6a614755683b8f.aspx

I'd say that is an excellent idea especially if the OP has already seen the area around Leeds. I got a couple of advance tickets heading the other way from Liverpool to Leeds for about £28 all in first class! Plenty of stuff to see railway wise around Manchester as well as lovely scenery.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Not many day rangers up there at Scarborough,think an East Yorkshire Coast Ranger would cover you to Hull all day.

South Pennines is also an option from Leeds I believe.

East Yorkshire Round Robin?

crispy1978

Some great ideas there, thanks.

Will have a ponder and see what suits me best.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I'm also down in Birmingham/Coventry in June - so might spend a day doing some travelling there to tick off a few more stations!

Status
Not open for further replies.