• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Increased mTicket availability in the North East

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaJaWa

Established Member
We are working with train operators in the north east, to offer a wider choice of mobile tickets on our app for a trial period.

If you are making a journey on any train between Newcastle and York, Newcastle and Hexham or Harrogate and York and you purchase an Advance, Anytime or Off-Peak ticket via the tpexpress app, you can chose to receive an m-ticket for your journey.

Which journeys does the m-ticket cover?
If you are travelling between any of the following stations, you can chose to receive an m-ticket:
Blaydon, Cattal, Chester-Le-Street, Corbridge, Darlington, Dunston, Durham, Hammerton, Harrogate, Hexham, Knaresborough, Metrocentre, Newcastle, Northallerton, Poppleton, Prudhoe, Riding Mill, Starbeck, Stocksfield, Thirsk, Wylam, York.

Which tickets are available as m-tickets?
At the moment, our app offers m-tickets on First TransPennine Express Advance tickets, however the trial widens this to include Anytime and Off-Peak tickets on First TransPennine Express, Cross Country, East Coast or Northern services.
http://www.tpexpress.co.uk/tickets-offers/tickets/m-ticket-trial/

These are also available to purchase on the CrossCountry app.

I personally like mTickets, hope this is useful for anyone that uses these routes.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
To the average passenger they are great-less things to forget!

I don't use them, I like keeping all of my tickets and have done for years. Also helps keep booking office staff in Northernland!

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Not so handy with a flat battery though

Anyone who has perpetual battery problems would do well to buy a portable battery pack. Or a phone with better battery life - the Sony Xperia Z3 series manage 2 days of light usage or 1 full day of heavy usage, excellent kit.

Neil
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
To the average passenger they are great-less things to forget!

I don't use them, I like keeping all of my tickets and have done for years. Also helps keep booking office staff in Northernland!

I mainly like the idea because I start my journeys at what are often busy stations, and it means I would not need to leave extra time for ticket purchase/collection nor trust the vagiaries of ToD. However I near enough always travel walk-up so Advances are of no interest.

Neil

Last edited:

TUC

Established Member
Odd that Middlesbrough and Thornaby are missing from the list.

JaJaWa

Established Member
Has there been any update on this trial (successful?)

Support for them was added to the Northern app a couple of days ago, so hopefully the rollout should continue extending.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

island

Veteran Member
The reduced facilities for changing/amending M-tickets as well as the difficulties buying for someone else and issues if your device runs out of battery all put me off using them.

Status
Not open for further replies.