• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

info request: 6E32 Preston Docks - Lindsey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun Chariot

Established Member
2 miles and 50 years away from the Longmoor Milita
Hoping for guidance from a wise soul here.

End of Feb, I want to photograph 6E32 Preston Docks - Lindsey bitumen tanks. I failed to phot it when I lived in Preston 20-odd years ago (got shots of the Deepdale coal service, though, so I can be grateful for that).

I think it runs TThO but I know it has run MWFO - what's current roster? And is it still booked to leave Preston around 08:45?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bevan Price

Established Member
Hoping for guidance from a wise soul here.

End of Feb, I want to photograph 6E32 Preston Docks - Lindsey bitumen tanks. I failed to phot it when I lived in Preston 20-odd years ago (got shots of the Deepdale coal service, though, so I can be grateful for that).

I think it runs TThO but I know it has run MWFO - what's current roster? And is it still booked to leave Preston around 08:45?

Thanks in advance.

Your best bet is to subscribe to Freightmaster on line / forum, or join / check some of the gen lists. Be aware that the return working sometimes runs as 6E37 and is diverted via Warrington to pick up extra tanks for Lindsey. I think it has been a bit irregular in the recent cold weather.

Bevan

adamp

Yes departs Preston Docks at 08:55, it normally runs Monday, Wednesday & Friday although it can sometimes just not run like any freight train but ive always found Wednesday to be the main day for it to be a runner. Makes it over the Copy Pit line around 10:30ish, Hall Royd Junction just after 11 and then on to Yorkshire & ultimately Lindsey Oil Refinery...

Baring in mind the new sets of tanks which could be on this train as a bonus too, as the old ones are being phased out.

-Adam/GBRW

Status
Not open for further replies.