• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

"Inside Number 9" - Wednesday 8th May.

mainframe444

This show returns next week for a new series.

The trailer material for the first episode states :-

“Late-night passengers get stuck in a tunnel when their train breaks down. Patiently, they wait for the replacement service until a nurse gets her purse stolen and tempers start to fray.”

From what I have read, this takes place on a Merseyrail train, and I’ve seen a publicity picture showing Steve Pemberton and Reece Sheersmith on one of the underground platforms on the network.

So my question is this, does anyone know, were the train interiors filmed on a train, or in a studio set?

And if it was a train, 777 or 507?

M

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ianigsy

Looking at the trailer, I’d say it looks more like a Southern 313 - all The 507s and 508s were fitted with high backed seats in grey and yellow years ago. I don’t think those green seat covers have ever been Merseyrail issue.

My guess is that the station scenes have been recorded on Moorfields station but they may have used one of the withdrawn 313s for the interiors as there wouldn’t be the same pressure of time as using an active unit.

cjbirkett

They were apparently using trailers of 508 201 and 508 209 that are located at Seacombe and used for filming purposes apparently. They retain low back seats.

also the cab of 018 was used too apparently

AlbertBeale

Established Member
I remember an episode of this in an earlier series a few years back which took place in a couchette compartment of an overnight train.

TheTallOne

I assumed this would be something to do with Downing Street

Clearly I’ve not being paying attention to this series, and it’s been going on for so long it seems.

Might have to watch it from the start.

Royston Vasey

Established Member
Huge fan of Inside No 9 and enjoyed this one very much. This doesn't give the twist away, but this forum will enjoy the subversive meaning given to "See It, Say It, Sorted"!