• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Interesting working for August.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveHarries

Established Member
Evening all,

With the 24/7 closure of Bathampton Junction for 01st - 31st August 2015 I am working on a SimSig timetable for Bristol, Swindon & Westbury sims which will, I hope, run as a chain.

In the course of my looking at the data I came across this which I thought sounded interesting. It seems that the regular 2O70 (0649 Worcester Shrub Hill - Weymouth) becomes 2T70 and terminates at Bristol Temple Meads to interwork with a Cardiff Central diagram.....

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/P03540/2015/08/03/advanced

..... while train 2O70 is given as an 0600 from Exeter St. Davids to Weymouth, via. Taunton, Weston-s-Mare, Bristol TM, Bristol Parkway, Swindon, Trowbridge and Westbury with normal route Westbury to Weymouth. Pathed as a Class 15x DMU the total trip time is stated as 5hrs.

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/P03540/2015/08/03/advanced

This means that the regular route of 2O70 is combined with train 2D02 (0600 Exeter St. Davids to Bristol Parkway). The 2O70 repalcement could be a mistake (I know these things often change before the scheduled date) but it makes interesting reading IMO.

TBH an X53 bus from Exeter to Weymouth would be quicker (3 1/2hrs) but the first journey from Exeter to Weymouth on that does not leave until 0920. Interesting trip perhaps.

HTIOI,
Dave

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
The normal 06 00 Exeter to Bristol Parkway extended and picking up the 06 47 ex Worcester path at Westbury. There was around 2002 a 05 33 Weymouth to Exeter regular service but this ram direct from Westbury to Bristol thence to Taunton.

Status
Not open for further replies.