• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Interrail and Eurostar

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuna84

Hi all, I am currently on a trip around Europe on the Interrail pass and I have been looking into the option of coming back by train using Eurostar. I have looked at the interrail pass and it states that you can get a discount as long as the origin or destination is in a country where my pass is valid, However it states that the discount can only be gained if you book at a Eurostar terminal and the first opportunity I reach the Gare du Nord will be on the day of traveling back. I will be going from Munich to London in a day, probably next Tuesday. I need reservations I know on the Munich to Paris leg but can I buy either (a) a through ticket at the Deutsche Bahn office, part reservation and part Eurostar ticket from Paris with the interrail discount or (b) can I only buy 2 separate tickets at the Db ticket office or worse case scenario (c) I am able to buy only the reservation to Paris and the Eurostar ticket I will have to buy separately at the price off their website ASAP since the on the day price even with interrail discount would be extremely prohibitive. One final point I wish to ask is, logic would dictate that if option (a) is possible then it would cover any delays on route and missing the booked Eurostar (much like advance tickets in the uk) and if option (b) or (c) were taking and delays occured on route I'd be scuppered as it were? Many thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cuna84

Many thanks for the response, that link gives the impression at least that it is only possible to get the Eurostar ticket at Paris as opposed to being to buy it in advance thus scuppering both option a and b, is this definitely the case? Looking at my options for travelling back next Tuesday (30th), I can travel at 10:25am changing at Stuttgart and arriving in Paris Est at 16:34. However even by waiting around for a cheaper Eurostar the cheapest fare is £121.50, the impression the website gives me is that an Interrail supplement is cheaper than that, is there no way I can either ring up in advance to check availability that day or better book in advance, perhaps over the phone quoting my interrail pass no? If not then it appears I either risk it and turn up at the Gare du Nord and hope there is an interrail space available or I fork out £121.50 which appears to be the cheapest Eurostar ticket on that day.
P.S Am I scuppered if my train from Munich is late and I miss my booked Eurostar, with it not being a through ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.