• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary1973

I have passed online test and have interview this Thursday for operative position, any information and advice for interview process would be much appreciated.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SquarePeg

Hi mate - good luck with your interview. Guessing it’s Network Rail. Quick question though if you don’t mind me asking. What location is it for? I’ve been stuck at the under consideration for assessment 2 stage for about 3 weeks. How long were you at that point?

Pembs88

Iv been at consider for assessment 2 now also for 3 weeks! Wish the process was quicker! Checking emails every day now

SquarePeg

Yeah I keep checking the online portal too! I went for 2 jobs, passed the online stuff and one changed to unsuccessful quite quickly, probably 2 and a bit weeks ago. The other has been under consideration for assessment 2 ever since passing the online tests. Both were for roles out of Llanelli, not sure if yours is for the same place!

Gary1973

Yes it is for network rail ,Edinburgh .after I done online test ,I had email about a week later ,saying I had passed and it had been handed over to recruiting manager ,about 2 weeks after that I got date for interview

Pembs88

Post I applied for was track operative with network rail. Said location was Haverfordwest but wonder if it actually may be Whitland...
Did 2 online assessment tests, hoping for a interview and start a new career

SquarePeg

Thanks Gary and good luck to you. Pob lwc to you too Pembs, hope it all works out for you and you get an interview. I’m sure I read somewhere here that the longer the wait, the more promising but don’t hold me to that! At least your CV and ability on the tests is getting you this far, so it’s positive anyway.

Gary not sure if you’ve come across this https://www.assessmentcentrehq.com/network-rail-assessment-centre/

Might be worth a look. Also read somewhere about the 8 non technical skills which you should know about so you can discuss them.

Gary1973

Good luck guys,, hope you hear something soon, will let you know how I get on at interview

Rabbyboy

Also got an interview in glasgow on thursday for Network Rail. Look up the 8 non technical skills and think of examples for each. Apparently they zone in on these for questions. Good luck

Liam Fairley

Gary, is it on or off track operative you are being interviewed for?
I have passed online test and have interview this Thursday for operative position, any information and advice for interview process would be much appreciated.

Gary1973

Gary, is it on or off track operative you are being interviewed for?
It's for off track, although I did apply for railway line inspection and lubrication as well, so had to phone them to check which position interview was for as it just said operative and it is off track

Liam Fairley

It's for off track, although I did apply for railway line inspection and lubrication as well, so had to phone them to check which position interview was for as it just said operative and it is off track

I applied for both aswell and had my interview last Wednesday. Haven't heard anything back yet but was told it could be up to 5 weeks before I hear anything

Liam Fairley

Any tips for interview? What questions did they ask?

Just be yourself and don't BS them. They aren't trying to catch you out, they are looking for a match to fill the positions. They will ask you for a brief employment summary, talk a bit about yourself and then ask you a number of technical and competency questions. Am.ost all of which are "tell me a time when...".

The guys doing the interview have a list of questions that they will pick at random so no 2 interviews are the same really

MT18

Alright guys, I've got an interview for off track operative and was wondering if the lads who did their interviews today have any advice and tips? Hope yous smashed it!

Also did they give you a timesacle of when you would find out and when it is likely to start?

Last edited:

Gary1973

Training for the positions start in October and there is more interview s next week, they told me I should hear within 2-3weeks,

Rabbyboy

Alright guys, I've got an interview for off track operative (Glasgow) tomorrow and was wondering if the lads who did their interviews today have any advice and tips? Hope yous smashed it!

Also did they give you a timesacle of when you would find out and when it is likely to start?
just be yourself is all i can say, i was a nervous wreck but once you step in that office you need to bring the confidence. was pretty much all about "tell me a time when you.." questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.