• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Invent your own Metro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivo

Established Member
Question for all of you, especially those of you with a Simulator of some kind (that can handle Underground stations ideally; you could create your own). Is there anywhere in the UK that, in your opinion, would benefit (or not, it is only for fun!) from such a service?

Having lived there for 99% of my life (barring the last 3½ months), I would suggest Southend, as follows (assuming control of the LTS route east of Central and necessitating the closure of Westcliff and Chalkwell) and running under the A13 for most of its route:

Shoeburyness [current]
Shoebury Park
Thorpe Bay [current]
Woodgrange
Southchurch [currently Southend East]
Porters Grange
--- TUNNEL PORTAL ---
Alexandra [Central interchange]
Victoria [Victoria interchange]
Milton
Hamlet Court [replaces Westcliff]
Westborough
Chalkwell Park [replaces Chalkwell]
Darlinghurst
Elmsleigh
Belfairs Park
Highlands
Hadleigh
Thundersley
Kents Hill
Tarpots
--- TUNNEL PORTAL ---
Bowers Gifford
Pitsea [interchange]

Having researched through the Patronage Data from the last few years, I think that this would get somewhere between 15m and 22m a year (basically Glasgow x 1~1.5 or Birmingham x 3~4), though some would be directly due to the closure of five LTS stations.

There could also be an alternative route to the Airport, but that is a bit too farfetched, not least because there is a station under construction there anyway...

Anyway, any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.