• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Investigations

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom

I performed an investigation on five people as to their preference of locomotives on LHCS trains. The graph is as follows, I've added in a trend line to prove my point. :)

The below graph proves that the higher the class number, the less preference one has by having that locomotive on a LHCS train.

grapg.gif

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tom B

Established Member
Does the equation break down when you introduce 08/03s?

Coxster

Established Member
So that's why you questioned me :D And yes Tom, 20s would be my prefered traction because I have only ever done it once - the MidHant's diesel gala. Would love to do it on the mainline!

Bloody hell mate! I have enough of that maths stuff at school thanks! :P Lol.

Tom B

Established Member
Maths is great fun... if it's the right *kind* of maths :).

16CSVT2700

Established Member
I agree Brother T52.

Asking just 5 people is not enough to gain an accurate respresentation. Suggest you hold a poll on here and see what the answers are like after a few weeks?

Also may I ask, what has the class number got to do with preference? :?

*notes peak in line at 37s* figures :roll:

Tom B

Established Member
Stats is next year but I think 30 is the normally considered value to be significant?

T

Tom

Seeing as I didn't actually have the time to survey people on here, I didn't. :)

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Tom said:
Seeing as I didn't actually have the time to survey people on here, I didn't. :)
Tut tut Thomas. Should have done your work when you got it! Go sit in the corner with the dunce hat on 8)

T

Tom

Nah, can't. A GNER 225 set is already under it for accidentally SPADing in Edinburgh Craigtienny depot last night (it didn't actually happen...). A poll can't be done on here anyway, as it was by level which meant each loco was ranked by 1 - 13, 1 being bottom, 13 being top.

Table 52

What everyone's neglected to mention is also the need for a mixed sample of people.

Ask rail bods about classes of trains and I'm sure you'll get very different answers to asking say commuters or drivers or old folk.

Status
Not open for further replies.