• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

iPhone XR camera adding colours to photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IamTrainsYT

Hi, I have recently noticed that coloured lines are appearing on many of my photos I take. Most of the time it’s at low(ish) light however i can take other photos at low light and it’s fine. Would there be a setting I need to change for this to stop happening? Thanks
upload_2020-2-4_22-10-41.jpeg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

eastwestdivide

Established Member
Worth cleaning the lens? low light/high contrast from a point source of light might cause some diffraction effect if there's dirt/oil/smears on the lens?

alxndr

Established Member
I've just had a quick Google and it seems a widely reported issue. The suggestion seems to be to turn off Smart HDR.

JohnB57

I think this is a product of the tiny sensor and the heavy processing required to give the resultant sharp, bright images, both of which greatly magnify any aberrations. The Leeds shot seems obviously and unsurprisingly to be lens flare from the bright light.

The pics look pretty good to me, but it's a phone camera at the end of the day - a top end one, but still a phone.

tony_mac

Established Member
Also from a quick google - you have to switch off HDR as well as Smart HDR.
But there are reports this has been fixed with the latest update. 13.3.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.