• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ipswich - Liverpool Lime Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave09

I'm trying to find the cheapest ticket possible for a journey for a relative.

Departing Ipswich and arriving Liverpool Lime Street Sat 3rd July with the return 10th July and avoiding London and no more than 2 changes in each direction, leaving mid morning and arriving mid afternoon on both the outward and inward journey.

All I can find on the national rail site is 3 changes on the outward journey but only 1 change on the return. £84.90

I vaguely remember searching a few months back for her and remember getting up LIV to NRW and then NRW to IPS in both directions but that isn't coming up in a search any more.

Any one help? Please :oops:

Edit: No railcard but she's over 60 if that gets any discount. *shrugs*

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

First class

Established Member
I'm trying to find the cheapest ticket possible for a journey for a relative.

Departing Ipswich and arriving Liverpool Lime Street Sat 3rd July with the return 10th July and avoiding London and no more than 2 changes in each direction, leaving mid morning and arriving mid afternoon on both the outward and inward journey.

All I can find on the national rail site is 3 changes on the outward journey but only 1 change on the return. £84.90

I vaguely remember searching a few months back for her and remember getting up LIV to NRW and then NRW to IPS in both directions but that isn't coming up in a search any more.

Any one help? Please :oops:

Edit: No railcard but she's over 60 if that gets any discount. *shrugs*

Price:

Ipswich-Liverpool route Not London return with senior railcard: £48.45 (valid after 0900 M-F, any time Weekends). Return within a month.

Liverpool-Norwich-Ipswich is not a permitted route- and as such, using a Liverpool-Ipswich ticket that way is likely to end up with you paying more.

You are best going Liverpool-Peterborough-Ipswich.

Big Chris

Outbound 3.7.2010:
Dep Ipswich 1002
Arr Ely 1058
Dep Ely 1153
Arr Liverpool 1631

Inbound 10.7.2010:
Dep Liverpool 0952
Arr Ely 1411
Dep Ely 1430
Arr Ipswich 1525

Off Peak Return Ipswich to Ely = 16.30
Advance Ely to Liverpool = 26.00
Advance Liverpool to Ely = 26.00
Total cost = 68.30

Thats without any railcard discounts :)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
With a senior railcard it would be 46.35 :)

Sleepy

Established Member
Hi try splitting tickets at Peterborough, East Coast website has Ipswich - Peterb. return £20.40 then Advance singles £24 each way. Total £68.40 :D
Ipswich dep. 1003 Pbo arr. 1137 dep. 1225 arr. Liverpool 1631
Return Liverpool dep.0952 arr. Pbo 1335, dep 1345 arr. Ipswich 1525 or move times 2 hours and Advance at £29 at the mo.
Hope this helps
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Outbound 3.7.2010:

Off Peak Return Ipswich to Ely = 16.30
Advance Ely to Liverpool = 26.00
Advance Liverpool to Ely = 26.00
Total cost = 68.30

:)

Wonder which site Chris is using as East Coast prices Ely to Liverpool at £27 ?

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
The price may have just have gone up a pound!

But there's set AP price level's so it may have not been the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.