• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Irwell Press

Status
Not open for further replies.

swanhill41

The two authors that are/were Irwell Press have decided to call it a day.This was announced in April 2023,but I have just seen it.
The reason as they put it is dotage,old age.Sorry to see them finish.Note the company or and name have not been sold as was the
case with Wild Swan.
Shame as I rated their product highly.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ashley Hill

Established Member
Yes,I phoned them up a couple of months ago to see if there were plans to reprint one of their titles. They sounded nice and told me about their planned retirement and therefore no plans to do any reissues.
Shame.

John Luxton

Established Member
The two authors that are/were Irwell Press have decided to call it a day.This was announced in April 2023,but I have just seen it.
The reason as they put it is dotage,old age.Sorry to see them finish.Note the company or and name have not been sold as was the
case with Wild Swan.
Shame as I rated their product highly.
I have several of the Irwell Press books on The Withered Arm shame there books were of good quality.

They are the second publisher to retire in past 12 months Twelve Heads Press in Cornwall run by Michael Messenger packed up at the end of last year.

Twelve Heads some interesting works not just on railways but also West Country shipping and Industrial Archaeology.

Shame to see these small niche publishers go.

Gloster

Established Member
According to their website the remaining stock of their books will be taken over and distributed by Strathwood Publishing. Strathwood will, with help from Irwell, see those books still in the pipeline through to publication.

swanhill41

According to their website the remaining stock of their books will be taken over and distributed by Strathwood Publishing. Strathwood will, with help from Irwell, see those books still in the pipeline through to publication.
Kevin Derrick /Strathwood has been lets say giving away Irwell Press books for the last 12 months on his website..I have bought some at very advantageous money !

Status
Not open for further replies.