• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Is DVA “VERA” or “ANITA” still in operation at certain LUL lifts?

RacsoMoquette

I was curious to understand weather DVA “VERA” is still in operation at certain lifts at stations? I vaguely recall that the lifts at Hampstead and Chalk Farm to have a DVA which sounded similar to “VERA” and the lift at Belsize Park to have a DVA which sounded akin to “ANITA”.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

stadler

I was curious to understand weather DVA “VERA” is still in operation at certain lifts at stations? I vaguely recall that the lifts at Hampstead and Chalk Farm to have a DVA which sounded similar to “VERA” and the lift at Belsize Park to have a DVA which sounded akin to “ANITA”.
From what i remember the lifts at all of these stations had the same exact voice which sounded more like Maggie Greenwood (Anita) but i do not think it was her:

• Belsize Park
• Chalk Farm
• Hampstead

She certainly stretches out her words on the lifts similar to the Anita onboard announcements and i can certainly see the similarity but it sounds like someone different to me. I am not 100% sure as it has been a while since i used them but i think these lifts have all been replaced and have a new voice these days.

The voice that sounded like Vera was used in the following lifts at Bakerloo Line stations:

• Elephant & Castle
• Lambeth North
• Regents Park

I can not confirm definitely that it was her but it sounds very similar to Vera so it could well be her. These lifts have all definitely been replaced and have a new voice these days.

Sad Sprinter

Established Member
I don't remember VERA's announcements, but I remember the Hampstead lift announcement very well and it did sound a lot like the voice in the VERA recordings. The pitch of the voice was deeper than ANITA

starlight73

I thought I heard “Anita” in the lifts at West Brompton (technically these are national rail lifts, I think)