• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Is there a way to see all trains booked through a specific platform?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokelet

Hi all, does anyone know a way of finding out all the services booked to call or pass a specific platform? So for example, all the services booked Platform 3 at New Street each day? I've tried OTT and RTT but can't see a way.
Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Hi all, does anyone know a way of finding out all the services booked to call or pass a specific platform? So for example, all the services booked Platform 3 at New Street each day? I've tried OTT and RTT but can't see a way.
Thanks

Should be easy. The platform for every train is shown on RTT

jopsuk

Veteran Member
note that some stations, especially those that are purely terminii, are notorious for changing platforms- Kings Cross is especially one. I'm guessing that complex through stations like New Street actually need most trains to stick to booked platforms to make the timetable work?

uww11x

note that some stations, especially those that are purely terminii, are notorious for changing platforms- Kings Cross is especially one. I'm guessing that complex through stations like New Street actually need most trains to stick to booked platforms to make the timetable work?
Indeed. A wrongly platformed train could cause hours of delays.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Yes it is, but you can't filter by platform.

I had seen something a few years ago I just can't remember which one/where it was
I haven't seen any filter option myself but it might mean going through the list and select those using a certain platform. Use a day in the future for booked platforms because platforms on the current day may have changed from the booked one.

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Thanks
Can't you just dump the data out to a spreadsheet and then do your own manipulation on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.