• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Is there any way of extending 'basket' life on booking sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainophile

Established Member
Strange question I know, but I have a three-part Advance tickets trip in my VTEC basket, and I can't get hold of my sister to find out if it's okay with her! The first one expires at 15.30, and of course it's the one where there are only two tickets left :roll: .

Any dodges known that could give me another hour or so?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Just a thought:
Try opening up another browser (or the same browser in 'Private Browsing' mode), then try and add the same tickets to a new basket. This should give you a new 'time window' of two hours or so.

You can then use your original window to add the same tickets to your basket come 1530, and the second window once again when that expires. Basically, you are maintaining two different baskets with the same tickets.

This only works if the price of the fares in the first basket are still available when you add the fares to the second basket though.

trainophile

Established Member
Thank you, I'll have a play around! I did wonder whether removing the "only two left" ones, and immediately re-booking them, might generate a new time, so I might try that at about 15.20 if all else fails.

telstarbox

Established Member
I think if you add another ticket for an unrelated journey this 'resets the clock' to give you another 2 hours. You can then delete the unrelated journey before you pay.

trainophile

Established Member
Thanks everyone. She had gone out without her phone, and now that she's back she says the dates are no good for her, so it was all a bit of a waste of time. Back to the drawing board :roll: .

Status
Not open for further replies.