• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ITAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

neodoughnut

Good Afternoon All,

I've been watching the "Fare Dodgers" programme on Channel 5 and for the first time have come across ITAP.

There was one case in particular that stuck out - a gentleman that had been taping in at his departure station - Ockendon - and had been using a Zone 1-2 Season Ticket and when he had been caught and charged 96 trips between from Zone 7 and then said they would pass the case on to the 'TFL' prosecutors.

I was always under the impression that fare evasion was on National Rail (Non-TFL/Overground) lines were the remit of the TOC operating on that line? I didn't think that TFL had complete control (at least in fare evasion revenue) across all National Rail lines that are part of the Oyster System.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
The journey included TfL controlled fares (from Upminster).

Also, the program was wrong about zone 7. Ockenden is outside the TfL zones. Technically it is in zone G (Grays) or 10 for capping purposes. He will not have been touching in at Ockenden but may have used a TfL bus to get there. I can't remember the specifics though I do remember the zone 7 bit and cringing.

neodoughnut

The journey included TfL controlled fares (from Upminster).

Also, the program was wrong about zone 7. Ockenden is outside the TfL zones. Technically it is in zone G (Grays) or 10 for capping purposes. He will not have been touching in at Ockenden but may have used a TfL bus to get there. I can't remember the specifics though I do remember the zone 7 bit and cringing.

Thanks Mike for the reply.

Does this mean that TFL recoup all the fares including those from Ockenden?

I am a bit concerned myself as I travel semi regularly to Hertfordshire and get an extensions to my Z1-3 Season Tickets and by the looks of the way ITAP works I could also been seen as doing 'Irregular Travel'...

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Thanks Mike for the reply.

Does this mean that TFL recoup all the fares including those from Ockenden?

I am a bit concerned myself as I travel semi regularly to Hertfordshire and get an extensions to my Z1-3 Season Tickets and by the looks of the way ITAP works I could also been seen as doing 'Irregular Travel'...
I don't know whether the revenue would be shared with c2c, but I'd expect they should get something.

If ITAP picked you up (and I'm not saying it would), all you have to do is show your BZ3 to Hertfordshire extension ticket when stopped and that will be the end of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.