• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ive been looking at the term 'Heads Out'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Besides Coaches the last real trains you can do heads out on our the HSTs and Lymington slammers or you think...

There are more to a EMU , DMU and DEMU and HST then you think on a 455 the windows don't open by the doors :withstup: but on further inspection on the following classes you can do heads out:
HST (duh)
and a few others , but you must be thinking ''this boy is daft you can't do heads out on these classes''
Oh but you can when your sitting down on these trains especially the Re-furb 455s you can put your camera out the window and do a heads out because of the enlarged windows and if your quite tall so the term heads out is slipping away but being reborn!:happy7:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
If you are able to do that you must be really small. And which 170s have windows?

No I mean stick your camera out and a little bit of your head and there you go HEADS OUT! lol:smile:

RJ

Established Member
Besides Coaches the last real trains you can do heads out on our the HSTs and Lymington slammers or you think...

There are more to a EMU , DMU and DEMU and HST then you think on a 455 the windows don't open by the doors :withstup: but on further inspection on the following classes you can do heads out:
HST (duh)

170s don't have openable windows and why would you want to stick your head or camera out of one of those trains?

but you must be thinking ''this boy is daft"

If the cap fits.....

Established Member
170s don't have openable windows and why would you want to stick your head or camera out of one of those trains?

If the cap fits.....

Lots of people will miss proper heads out when HSTs go and now theres a small solution!;)

O L Leigh

Established Member
Not a fan of this fad. Every time someone does this out of a mainline set coming the other way, I listen for crack of bone on metal.

It's going to happen one day.

one TN

RJ

Established Member
Why would they miss it when there are railtours and preserved lines using slam door stock?

RJ

Established Member
Not a fan of this fad. Every time someone does this out of a mainline set coming the other way, I listen for crack of bone on metal.

It's going to happen one day.

one TN

Agreed. If people want to do it, nothing's going to stop them though. Fred, come back when you've lost an arm and your camera and tell us if it was worth it...

Established Member
Agreed. If people want to do it, nothing's going to stop them though. Fred, come back when you've lost an arm and your camera and tell us if it was worth it...

Ive done it before , just before Winter 2004 before I got my first digital camera!

Status
Not open for further replies.