• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ive lost the plot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJP

I had a dream the other night and I was standing at Dunfermline Town station when a network rail bright yellow 67 came hauling a ews 37 through. :?
I then dreamed that the 67 took of into the sky andthe 37 uncoupled autmaticly and I drove the 37 and thats all I can remember :roll:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Gricer

Hey man, that's spaced out! What 'medication' are you on?
Takes me back to psychedelic dreams in the sixties when we were all groovin' on the mellow side of slack. 8) :lol:

Frank

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Unfortunately last night my dream was about going back in time to the days when all long distance trains were loco hauled... and then woke up to realise it was just a dream and the reality was being packed in like sardines on 158s & Voyagers :cry:

As for the 67 taking off, that is mad, but if you're an aviation enthusiast as well, that could explain why you dreamt it? :?: :? :lol:

T

Tom

My dream was bizarre...

I was doing heads out on a slammer when we approached York station :shock:! What was even wierder, was that everything was third rail?!

Julian G

Established Member
all is i can remember from my dreams
: Walking around Willesden Traincare ;)
: Class 90s reinstated on WCML services
: GNER said that 91s are unreliable, so they would use cl92s (that would be fun! :) )

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
i had a REALLY mad dream not long ago, me and someone else were by the tracks (literally!) and sitting in front of a wall that was right next to the track, so we couldnt see in front of us but the wall ended wither side only a few meters away, so I heard something, ran to the end of the wall and this Great Central logo'd HST stormed by in a deep plum red and the rear car was in the EWS silver DVT livery (perhaps it was a dream about NR using HSTs on the inspection saloon intead of skips!)

Then this steamer came along (looked like tangmere) and was numbered, i think, a shed number on the cab-side, and worst of all, was in FLT livery!!!

Guinness

Established Member
My Dream was about how long I would lie in tommorrow. :)

Don't have Train Dreams

I'm not that sad ;)

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The worst dream is where you dream it's the weekend and it's not, and you have to get up... :(

tramboy

Sometimes, even if it is the weekend, you still have to get up, as I'm on the 6.47 s/b tomorrow morning. That involves getting up at 5!

Admittedly I do this by choice, but the weekend should really be left for lie ins (roll on Sunday!)

Cheers

Dave

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I usually have dreams based at work for some reason. Hardly ever rail-related dreams. Those are usually in daydreams, such as once at work in Minehead I pictured 43040 and 009 storm through on a full set through the middle of where the proofers are, straight through the buffet bar and the middle of the restaurant. A strange daydream perhaps, but it's one of my favourites. This had something to do with the fact I was dying to go spotting at that time, as well as the fact that I needed to see 040 and 009. Others include Central line stock on fictional underground rail lines in Swansea, and some 37 and HST driving on fictional routes within the city. Not to mention 180s, 175s, Turbos...even sheds and 60s!

Yes, I have a lot of daydreams, but I daresay it's better to have them than not to and lose it all the time.

richa2002

Established Member
I hardly ever have dreams to do with trains. If I do, it will most likely be after a dayout.

bluecont

yorkie said:
The worst dream is where you dream it's the weekend and it's not, and you have to get up... :(

No the worst dream is when you dreamt you have gotten up and gone to school or whatever. Then to wake up and find you're late and not already up :(

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
bluecont said:
No the worst dream is when you dreamt you have gotten up and gone to school or whatever. Then to wake up and find you're late and not already up :(
Did that actually happen?! :lol:

David

Established Member
bluecont said:
yorkie said:

I can beat both of those. I once dremt that my alarm clock went of at it's usual time. So I got washed and dressed, then went to work. I got there and remembered it was a bank holiday, therefore there was no work.

Ben

Harry Potter said:
bluecont said:
yorkie said:

I can beat both of those. I once dremt that my alarm clock went of at it's usual time. So I got washed and dressed, then went to work. I got there and remembered it was a bank holiday, therefore there was no work.

i really did that last year at school except it was just a staff training day erm needless to say i looked a right prick

tramboy

Think something like that happened to me this morning. I could've sworn i was up at 5am...but when i was up it was 8.30.

That's one way to have to spend £31 on a train ticket!

Regards

Dave

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
What happened? you missed your train on an advance purchase ticket?

tramboy

Oh yes!

Not the cheapest way to get home that i can say!

Cheers

Dave

evil_hippo

Harry Potter said:
bluecont said:
yorkie said:

What, in those days that you had work on any day?

David

Established Member
Yep. When I was working for Spring Ram Kitchens. I got up at 5:10 ready for a 6-2 shift as well. :oops: :roll:

Dave A

Victoria-Louise said:
The only dreams i have about trains is them tryng to kill me :?
Aww, those poor trains, they shouldn't have to go through that! :lol: ;)

Galvanize

My dream last night was strange!

Was on a VEP, coming into Ashford International, several class 90s and Mark 3s were on the Eurostar Platforms, coming through the through roads at 100mph was an MML HST, followed by a VEP, using 3rd Rail.
Upon departure, the wires continued on the normal route as well as the CTRL route. A Pair of 86s stormed past as we headed through Westernhanger :P. At Dollands Moor, we took the wrong line and headed towards the channel tunnel!! That's all I remember!

Status
Not open for further replies.