• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Japanese grab handle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris 101

Hey there I came across this grab handle at a friend's house and was wondering if anybody could shed some light on the authenticity of it not sure on period etc but know some people use them to hang from cars But not sure if it's fake or not any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_20200526_125212.jpg
    IMG_20200526_125212.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20200526_125250.jpg
    IMG_20200526_125250.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 60
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WideRanger

I doubt there is anyone on the forum who could give you a definitive response. But,
  • They look like the grab handles on some more modern commuter stock
  • The name on the strap 'Koike' is the name of a Japanese train parts manufaturer

Chris 101

That's great bud thank you as said any help is appreciated so thank you for your help

upnorth71

Looks like a surplus strap handle off a commuter train (or a bus), the shape is the old round style, most new stock is fitted with a more ergonomic triangular type. The strap attachment point is curious, not very common, and perhaps the flat space below it allows the name of the railway/bus company or even an advertisement, though the latter usually was found on the strap itself.

dutchflyer

Established Member
From what I recall many of these handles for standees had some way/device to attach special advertising in an attached folder or space. Perhaps to make it quicker to exchange these when the contract expired.

Status
Not open for further replies.